Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Association of Government Accountants
The Office of Federal Financial Management is updating Circular A-123 to focus on risk management and data-driven decision-making. OFFM also plans on rescinding the financial systems requirements circular, A-127, in the coming weeks.
Agency leaders take steps to show they're serious about employee fraud. Too often, they're relying on the inspector general's office to detect corruption.
A forthcoming report by the Association of Government Accountants outlines how federal agencies can best use data analytics to spot trends, problems in operations or evidence of fraud.
The Association of Government Accountants is calling on the government to change how it finds and hires chief operating officers. AGA said better hires should lead to better program performance. And despite finding a number of shortcomings, AGA said performance improvement is working across the government.
Tags: management , technology , Danny Werfel , OMB , Treasury , GSA , financial management , improper payments , Financial Systems Integration Office , shared service providers , CFO , Intragovernmental transactions , AGA