Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Association of Government Accountants
Some agency leaders who would be charged with implementing the bill are unsure the DATA Act can be brought to life successfully. Officials said the government can improve how it makes data accessible and publishes procurement and other spending information. But the DATA Act may be asking for things that aren't pragmatically possible.
Tags: management , financial management , Dick Gregg , Treasury , Jim Taylor , Labor , Norman Dong , OMB , DATA Act , Rob Portman , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Hudson Hollester , Data Transparency Coalition , Data Center Consolidation Act , Jason Miller
DoD says it's committed to making sure civilians are not furloughed in fiscal 2014, which begins in October. But if sequestration remains in place, the alternative would almost certainly be involuntary reductions in force for both civilian workers and uniformed service members, officials say.
The Association of Government Accountants recently released recommendations on how federal agencies can cut improper payments as a way to cut costs.
All federal agencies may have to file their business activities in XBRL. Okay, what's XRBL and why they change? The Federal Drive asks the Association of Government Accountants for details.