Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Association for Government Accountants
Federal News Radio asked a panel of experts how they would solve the flawed budget process as part of our special report: Now or Never: Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process. See what they had to say and tell us which ideas you think would work best.
Tags: David Walker , budget , Comback America Initiative , Comptroller General , GAO , biennial budgets , Reid Ribble , House , House Budget Committee , Bryan Clark , Center for Strategic & Budgetary Assessments , Diana Urban , results-based accountability , Dan Chenok , IBM Center for the Business of Government , Robert Bixby , Concord Coalition , David Wessel , The Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy , Brookings Institution , Ideas to Save the Failing Budget Process
The President is considering issuing an Executive Order to prevent government contractors from discriminating against gay and lesbian employees. Debra Roth, partner at Shaw, Bransford and Roth, joins the Legal Loop to discuss. The White House is also getting set to release an executive order on cybersecurity information sharing. A new research report from Microsoft attempts to explain the factors behind why some countries have excellent cybersecurity performance and others lag behind. Paul Nicholas of Microsoft explains the findings.