Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Associated General Contractors of America
New regulations from the Labor Department spell out specific benchmarks federal contractors will be expected to meet regarding the hiring of veterans and people with disabilities. But Patricia Shiu, director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), tells Federal News Radio the new benchmarks are not quotas. Still, some contractor groups are viewing the new rules with skepticism.
Jimmy Christianson of the Associated General Contractors of America discusses government construction projects currently underway. Billy House of the National Journal talks about an article he wrote on the new Congress. Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, talks about GSA's Multiple Awards Schedule. Tim Solms of Microsoft discusses a new deal his company signed with DoD. Lisa Wolfe of Federal News Radio sheds light on a new website for federal job seekers. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government talks about the new bill providing federal Sandy relief spending.
Tags: Jimmy Christianson , Billy House , National Journal , Congress , Roger Waldron , Multiple awards schedule , GSA , Tim Solms , DoD , Microsoft , DoD Report , Lisa Wolfe , Federal News Radio , employment , Brian Friel , Bloomberg Government , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
Marco Giamberardino, senior director of the Federal and Heavy Construction Division at the Associated General Contractors of America, discusses the administration's efforts to streamline the federal permitting process.
Marco Giamberardino, senior director of the Associated General Contractors of America's federal and heavy construction division, outlines the winners and losers of the FY2012 budget for federal construction.