Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Associated General Contractors of America
New regulations from the Labor Department spell out specific benchmarks federal contractors will be expected to meet regarding the hiring of veterans and people with disabilities. But Patricia Shiu, director of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), tells Federal News Radio the new benchmarks are not quotas. Still, some contractor groups are viewing the new rules with skepticism.
Jimmy Christianson of the Associated General Contractors of America discusses government construction projects currently underway. Billy House of the National Journal talks about an article he wrote on the new Congress. Roger Waldron, president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, talks about GSA's Multiple Awards Schedule. Tim Solms of Microsoft discusses a new deal his company signed with DoD. Lisa Wolfe of Federal News Radio sheds light on a new website for federal job seekers. Brian Friel of Bloomberg Government talks about the new bill providing federal Sandy relief spending.
Tags: Jimmy Christianson , Billy House , National Journal , Congress , Roger Waldron , Multiple awards schedule , gsa , Tim Solms , DoD , Microsoft , DoD Report , Lisa Wolfe , Federal News Radio , employment , Brian Friel , Bloomberg Government , cybersecurity , Cybersecurity Update , Federal Drive
Marco Giamberardino, senior director of the Federal and Heavy Construction Division at the Associated General Contractors of America, discusses the administration's efforts to streamline the federal permitting process.
Marco Giamberardino, senior director of the Associated General Contractors of America's federal and heavy construction division, outlines the winners and losers of the FY2012 budget for federal construction.