Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ask the CIO
Van Hitch will retire as the Justice Department's CIO at the end of July. He said cybersecurity, information sharing and social media and mobile computing were among the biggest technology transformations he saw.
July 21, 2011
IT managers from large agencies and small agencies alike are looking at virtualization to help them save money and streamline processes. On this week’s Ask the CIO program, Kim McCoy, chief information officer at the Bureau of the Public Debt, discussed her agency’s plans in this arena. McCoy told Federal News Radio her agency, along [...]
Tags: Bureau of the Public Debt , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Jason Miller , Kim McCoy , Treasury , virtualization , Bureau of the Public Debt , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Jason Miller , Kim McCoy , Treasury , virtualization , Bureau of the Public Debt , cloud computing , data center consolidation , Jason Miller , Kim McCoy , Treasury , virtualization
Jacob Haynes, the Defense Contract Management Agency's CIO, said a zero client set up will rely totally on the cloud for all computing needs.
July 14, 2011
CIO Sandy Peavy said the agency already launched a pilot using iPad and is using avatars to help trainees.
July 7, 2011
Goutam Kundu, the agency's CIO, is focusing on reducing the number of applications, modernizing its systems and improving online customer service.
June 23, 2011
Luke McCormack, the chief information officer of the Homeland Security Department's Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said ICE has not done a good job over the years in how they communicate their needs and requirements to industry.
June 16, 2011(Encore presentation July 28, 2011)