Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Ask the CIO
The agency moved 25,000 employees to Google apps for email and collaboration in the cloud. CIO Joe Klimavicz said GSA's experience was crucial in making their transition go on time and on budget.
Richard Spires said the Homeland Security Department has more than 130 human resources systems and that's too many. He said an intra agency group recently completed a segment architecture of HR technology to figure out where they can consolidate systems and find savings.
January 26, 2012
The University of Maryland's CIO Certificate program focuses on teaching its students to meet the challenges of management and leadership. The certificate program is one of several affiliated with GSA's CIO University.
January 19, 2012
Carnegie Mellon University's CIO Institute helps train the next generation of senior technology managers.
January 12, 2012
The agency is using a new project management approach, TechStat sessions and new CIO authorities to fix long-standing oversight problems. HUD CIO Jerry Williams said all seven priority programs met their cost, schedule and performance goals this year.
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
Phil Cirrulli, the chief information officer for the managing and operations contractor for the site, is improving the national lab's infrastructure to support widespread wireless access. He also is shutting down legacy mainframe systems after implementing a new ERP system.
December 1, 2011
Acting CIO Howard Hays said the agency is taking advantage of the work VA is doing to update its systems. Indian Health Services borrows heavily from VA's VistA electronic health records system.
November 17, 2011(Encore presentation December 29, 2011)
The agency puts employees in pools based on their expertise, and then the employees move from project to project based on the needs of that program. VA now is working on 60 percent more projects than under the previous approach.
November 10, 2011(Encore presentation December 22, 2011)
Tom Harper, the lab's CIO, said the national laboratory created an infrastructure-on-demand platform for easy provisioning of cloud services. He said Los Alamos also introduced WiFi earlier this year for access to its unclassified network.