Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Art Stein
Financial homework is in order this weekend.
Tags: P&B ,
Simple year end moves you make now can pay off in a big way come April
Thanks to health care advances, retirees are living longer, healthier lives and retirement choices are limited by the ability to pay for them. Art Stein has some helpful advice.
Okay, so August wasn't the best month for the Thrift Savings Plan. But is that any reason to panic? No, says guest analyst Arthur Stein, who joins us for our look back at the TSP for last month. But he says instead of panic, do some thoughtful reflection on where your money is going in the TSP, and whether it's a good idea to perhaps switch into a new TSP investment tool which is expected to be available to feds next year - the Roth TSP.
With the steadily, but slowly rising American economy, and economic storm clouds over Europe, how did the Thrift Savings Plan fare in April? Federal News Radio's Max Cacas has the latest edition of our monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot".
With a potential shutdown, feds looking for monetary relief would have to finalize it before operations cease.
For Your Benefit takes on the following issues this week - long term care, life and disability insurance, investing for the long and short term, and the Thrift Savings Plan.
February 14, 2011
When it comes to the Thrift Savings Plan, feds are told that its always best to take the long-range view of this vehicle for your retirement savings. This was true for the month of September, as we learn in the latest edition of our monthly feature, "TSP Snapshot". Guest analyst Arthur Stein, a certified financial planner with SPC Financial in Rockville, says the keyword last month was "recovery". Also: a primer on the C Fund.