Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Army Corps of Engineers
A National Research Council report recommended Congress and the White House take a broader view at planning and allocating funds for the resources maintained by the Army Corps of Engineers.
Army says 130 companies have expressed interest in building renewable facilities on military installations so far. Winners will be picked by the end of the year.
Tom Simmons of Citrix discusses the technological challenges facing teleworkers. Dave Romano of the Army Corps of Engineers talk about the Asian Carp. Steve Redburn, former senior executive, Office of Management and Budget,discusses the current stalemate on Capitol Hill and Dr. Paul Ceruzzi of the Smithsonian Air and Space museum looks at the historical significance of Telstar.
ThunderCat Technology founder Tom Deierlien joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help your agency with its data center consolidation.
May 1, 2012
Tags: technology , Vivek Kundra , data center , data center consolidation , Tom Deierlien , Thundercat Technology , DFAS , Customs and Border Protection , NetApp , Knight Point Systems , Riverbed , FDCCIConnect.com , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
The DoD Cyber Command poked and prodded the Army Corps' Los Angeles district's network during a recent Command Cyber Readiness Inspection. Army Corps of Engineers CIO Bob Kazimer said the analysis will give the rest of the agency lessons learned to improve cybersecurity across the Corps.
December 15, 2011
The Pentagon faces an uphill climb in getting ready for an audit of its consolidated financial statements by 2017, outside experts said Thursday. Nonetheless, the goal is achievable if the push is sustained by future secretaries of Defense.
Advance research agency sees opportunity from Katrina, power blackout, other events to solve large-scale problems. Technologies are high risk, but high payoff.
Texas Democrat's bill would modernize how the government appropriates, measures funding. Agency progress with financial management oversight improves slightly, but still no consolidated audit opinion.
Tags: mngt , Henry Cuellar , Diana Watson , Gene Dodaro , Richard Gregg , DHS , DoD , NASA , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , GAO , Treasury , financial management , audit opinion , CFO Act , Performance based budgeting