Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Army
Pentagon officials try to ease lawmakers' fears about whether renewable energy projects are affecting military functions. DoD has set up a task force to look at this issue, and wants to use advanced technology to help plan for projects.
Tags: mngt , Dorothy Robyn , Jerry Hansen , Debra Tune , Solomon Ortiz , Randy Forbes , DoD , Navy , Air Force , House Armed Services Committee , Green government , energy efficiency , Military readiness
Services react with relief and expectation for what new organization can do for the military. Alexander says securing DoD networks is foremost focus.
Tags: technology , security , Keith Alexander , Greg Schumacher , David Senty , Sean Filipowski , Ray Letteer , DoD , NSA , Air Force , Navy , Marines Corps , DHS , AFCEA , cybersecurity , Cyber Command , workforce
Memo calls for smaller scale, incremental programs. Army must have plan in place in 30 days on how it will meet new project goals.
Corps issues a new paper asking commanders their thoughts. The paper details issues that would lead the Marines to identify challenges and propose solutions.
Biometrics, more card memory giving military more options. In the future, employees may be able to use federal ID cards on metro.
The number of data centers has almost tripled over the past 10 years across government. One estimate is that 80 percent of all these capabilities are underutilized. Federal CIO Vivek Kundra says cloud computing is part of the answer to reducing the data center infrastructure.
Tags: contracting , technology , Gary Winkler , Jeff Sorenson , Vivek Kundra , Greg Wilshusen , Diane Watson , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , OMB , GSA , GAO , DHS , IAC/ACT , Executive Leadership Conference , data center , APCs , cybersecurity
Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the size of the Army will be increased temporarily by 22,000 soldiers. It's an effort to help meet the needs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and other missions around the world. Gates previously increased the size of the Army and the Marine Corps after becoming Secretary of Defense. He says more troops are needed in Afghanistan because of the worsening violence there
Defense agency expands software development platform for projects that require more security. Army and Navy already are using the new ProjectForge platform. DISA expects to add more functions to Forge.mil later this year.
Military officials were starting Friday to piece together what may have pushed an Army psychiatrist trained to help soldiers in distress to turn on his comrades in a shooting rampage that killed 13 people and wounded 30 in Texas.
A service command, Fleet Forces Command, and the Joint Forces Command, a joint command, live on the same installation, collaborate, fund and see through to completion a single building for a dual, but combined purpose.