Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Arlington National Cementery
Marine Sgt. David Smith's parents and stepparents planned to spend Veterans Day at Arlington National Cemetery, sitting at the grave of their son, who was killed in Afghanistan in January.
CIO's office detailed experts to assess the problems, and formulate a plan to improve how Arlington National Cemetery manages and tracks veterans' records. Lt. Gen. Sorenson says the first thing is to ensure the data is correct. He says the end result could include an online capability to find out where loved ones are buried.
Tags: technology , Jeff Sorenson , John Schrader , Kathryn Condon , Army , Army National Cemeteries Program , Al Mink , Bobbie Kilberg , SRA , NVTC , INPUT , data management , enterprise e-mail , Data center consolidation , cloud computing , BRAC , Jason Miller