Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Arati Prabhakar
On the Federal Drive show blog, you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
Director of the Defense Research Projects Agency Director Arati Prabhakar says DARPA's budget wasn't decimated by sequestration, but it is being slowly eroded. The Office of Naval Research and the Marine Corps team up for technology demonstration. John Moniz, ONR program manager, says marines on the front lines can get real-time data using smartphones. At the recent AFCEA Mobile Symposium, Defense Information Systems Agency officials talk about mobile security possibilities.
Tags: Jared Serbu , John Moniz , Greg Youst , Jennifer Carter , AFCEA DC , DISA , DARPA , Office of Naval Research , mobile technology , DoD , On DoD , Devon O , budget , Agile Bloodhound , technology
Under sequestration, technology research has suffered disproportionately in the Defense Department. Leaders say those limited dollars need to be focused on making systems more affordable and taking advantage of commercial sector advancements.
Tags: A New Era in Technology , DoD , technology , commercialization , DARPA , research and development , Alan Shaffer , Frank Kendall , Todd Harrison , Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments , Jared Serbu
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency has been at the forefront of some of the most innovative technologies ever created — including the Internet. But as budgets tighten, the agency's director says she's trying to figure out how to deal with an increasingly complex threat environment as less money flows into the research and development pipeline.
Defense agencies and services are pulling back hundreds of millions of dollars worth of grants and contracts. Impending furloughs will further impair DoD's ability to get money out the door.