Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Appropriations Committee
Top congressional negotiators Monday night released a bipartisan $1 trillion spending bill that would pay for the operations of government through October. The bill includes an additional $85 billion for war spending in Afghanistan. Among other provisions, the bill awards federal civilian and military workers a 1 percent raise. The House is slated to vote on the measure Wednesday.
More than a dozen industry technology and business groups are asking the House to adopt language in the Senate's Commerce, Justice, Science appropriations bill that would focus on risk when buying technology products and services from companies that have connections to China.
The election Tuesday could bring with it a number of changes to the makeup and leadership of key congressional committees with oversight of the federal workforce and management. The changes to the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee and others are expected from retirements, committee term limits and a few close races.
Tags: 2012 election , Congress , House , Senate , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee , Joe Lieberman , Claire McCaskill , Tom Carper , Scott Brown , Carl Levin , John McCain , Paul Ryan