Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Aon Consulting
The majority of new federal hires are expected to come from five professional fields, led by jobs in the medical and public health category, as well as in security and protection. The number of medical and public health openings projected from now through fall of 2012 is 53 percent higher than from 2007 through 2009, while the demand for security and protection positions show an estimated increase of 46 percent during that timeframe.
Hiring and retaining the best professionals is critical for Federal Agencies. Aon consulting helps agencies create and implement strategies that attract candidates and motivate its workforce through compelling communications. Their award-winning communications specialists help agencies achieve its goals through: Compensation communication; Talent management assessment surveys; Realistic Job Previews and Employment Brand Strategies; Strategic communication planning and implementation support for change management
A new alliance has been formed to address current and upcoming hiring reform needs; and to provide education, information, and assistance to Federal government agencies on how to implement leading-edge, effective hiring assessments that leverage technology to provide high quality candidates quickly. We get details from Dr. Elaine Pulakos spokesperson for the alliance.
Often times, what separates the best agencies from the rest is leadership. Successful agencies proactively identify, assess, develop and retain the right leadership talent. Through Aon's leadership assessment and development programs, senior executives will show improvement on key competencies usually within eight months, increasing leadership performance ratings by nearly twenty percent . Aon helps agencies pinpoint the specific attributes their leaders need, and uses assessments, role plays, and coaching, to provide the most appropriate experiences and immediate feedback needed to grow.
A recent survey finds most federal workers like their jobs, but the promotion process continues to be an issue. That's where Aon's Telephone Assessment Program, or TAPs, comes in. TAPS offers a proven method of testing an employee's skills for a position at the next level. Employees are asked to work through realistic job simulations, and come up with positive outcomes to everyday challenges. All of us this is done by phone with same-day results that are legally defensible.
With anticipated labor shortages, Agencies need to hire staff while reducing recruitment costs. Aon's recruitment solutions help agencies reduce recruitment spend and time to fill by more than fifty percent, and improves hiring manager satisfaction by more than seventy-five percent. Aon processed over one hundred thousand applicants for an agency and hired in excess of seventeen hundred diverse employees. The agency benefited with a new hires that were more successful during training and better matched to the job.
federal hiring reform and a shortage of qualified applicants, agencies need better tools. Aon's Telephone Assessment Programs, TAPs, can help. TAPS is a proven method to assess a candidate's skills through realistic job simulations. And, Aon provides same-day results that meet the highest professional standards and are legally defensible. After Aon worked with an agency on a 13,000 employee TAPs program the new hires were more successful during training and better matched to the job.
A well-crafted health management program leads to healthy employees, increased productivity and decreased health care costs. But most health programs lack the continuity needed to be as effective and efficient as possible. Aon Consulting offers benchmarking tools to measure the design and operation of your health management and lost time programs. With Aon's Health and Productivity Value-Based Assessment, your organization will be on the road to a healthy culture and successful program.
Health care costs continue to be a leading expense for employers and agencies alike. And, many short term fixes have proven to be duds. But, with a customized wellness program designed by Aon Consulting, you can cut annual group health trend increases, reduce costs associated with absenteeism AND improve employee satisfaction. In the end, the employees, their family members and the organization benefit in meaningful and healthy ways.
Managing long-term absences is a challenge for employers. Not only does the work need to be done while the employee is away, but that person needs to be compensated appropriately, given company policy and state and federal mandates. Aon Consulting offers a Total Absence Management program, designed to cut absence costs by as much as 30 percent, while improving employee productivity and morale. Aon Consulting's program saved a local health care system hundreds of thousands of dollars in the first year alone.