Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Anil Karmel
The next step for many Federal agencies moving to the cloud is a brokerage model. Some agencies are trying it out; some agencies are already seeing results and savings. Anil Karmel set up a cloud brokerage model when he was deputy chief technology officer at the National Nuclear Security Administration. He's now founder and CEO of C2 Labs, Inc. He explained how cloud brokerage models can work best for federal agencies In Depth with Francis Rose.
Simon Szykman announced to staff today he is leaving the agency to work in the private sector. He said he has no plans yet and will stay at the agency until a new CIO is hired. Additionally, Anil Karmel has left the NNSA after serving more than two years as the deputy chief technology officer to launch his own cloud computing company.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
November 9th, 2012
Learn insights on Federal agencies' cloud initiatives. Some agencies are sophisticated in their adoption/approach to the point of becoming cloud service providers for other Federal agencies. What does this mean for the later adopters? Can they plug and play into these organizations' clouds? What impact does this sort of model have on other initiatives such as Consolidation and Digital Government? Does this mean those brokers do all the work?
Listen October 4th@ 12pm
Program will discuss the following: Can we Keep Momentum in Tough Budget Times, How Does Cloud Computing & Managed Services Factor in to Strategy, Other Major Challenges, Do Energy Savings Factor into Strategy, Security Issuaes and a Vision for The Future
Tags: technology , Federal Executie Forum , Trezza Media Group , Robyn East , James Steven , Purvin Vakharwala , Jay Owen , Bill Bacci , HP , Schneider Elexctric , Juniper Networks , USDA , Dept of Treasury
What are the telework policy drivers, mandates and updates, and the technology that is being accepted and deployed at various agencies to support the telework mission enablement to the next generation of the mobile platform?