Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Angela Styles
News and buzz from the last two weeks includes a new legislative proposal from Rep. Darrell Issa on suspension and debarment and round two of the Presidential Innovation Fellows program.
Agencies are making greater use of their ability to declare contractors and individuals ineligible for work by the federal government. Some outside experts suggest the increase may be the result of hasty decisions.
Tags: Inside the Worlds Biggest Buyer , contracting , industry , suspension and debarment , Air Force , Defense Logistics Agency , Crowell and Moring , Venable , McKenna, Long and Aldridge , Rob Burton , Fred Levy , Normand Lussier , Steven Shaw , Jared Serbu
On the heels of the announcement that Dan Gordon will step down as OFPP administrator, experts evaluate his legacy and discuss the process and pitfalls of naming a successor.
DII is launching a robust new training series that will enhance our members' existing programs dealing with the new FAR mandatory disclosure rules, personal conflicts of interest, organizational conflicts of interest and revolving-door policies.
The government's former procurement policy head will lead an ethics group for federal contractors. Angela Styles has been put in charge of the Defense Industry Initiative on Business Ethics and Conduct.
Administration officials still claim some success
A coalition of businesses, associations and citizen groups rate members of Congress on how they voted on bills that promote or hurt private sector companies and forces industry to compete with the government. But some experts say the business coalition is taking a too narrow view of what the government does.
Tags: industry , contracting , OFPP , Robert Tobias , John Palatiello , Colleen Kelley , Crowell and Moring , American University , NTEU , Business Coalition for Fair Procurement , insourcing , public-private competition , Jason Miller
Francis Rose is joined by industry leaders and federal employees in an effort to parse out the lines of distinction.
Chairman says government buying power should be saving taxpayers money; instead, dollars are wasted because of implementation delays.
Crowell & Moring
August 4th, 2009