Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Andy Ozment
The National Association of Corporate Directors' (NACD) Handbook on Cyber-Risk Oversight, introduced Tuesday at the National Press Club in Washington, outlines five key principles that aim to move forward the collaborative cybersecurity effort.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS cloud credential exchange almost ready, flood of GSA contract protests
In this week's edition of Inside the Reporter's Notebook: USPS' cloud exchange is almost ready to fly; GSA faces a flood of contract protests; and technology chairs shuffle at DHS and GSA.
Tags: USPS , Jason Miller , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Doughlas Glair , FICAM , GSA , contracting , GAO , OASIS , Diana Gowen , Mary Davie , OMB , technology , Suzanne Spaulding , Phyllis Schneck , Mike Locatis , Bobbie Stempfley , DHS , Gregory Touhill , Katie Lewin , Kelly Olson , Sheila Campbell
The White House released updated progress report on the cross-agency cybersecurity goals and found most agencies improved. The administration said more agencies are using smart cards to log onto their networks and more are implementing continuous monitoring.
Inside the Reporter's Notebook: Communication breakdown over FITARA? Lawmaker wants answers from DHS
News and buzz in the acquisition and IT communities that you may have missed this week.
Tags: technology , Joe Jordan , Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act , Rich Beutel , Richard Spires , Bennie Thompson , DHS , House Homeland Security Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , OFPP , OMB , Margie Graves , cybersecurity , Inside the Reporters Notebook , Jason Miller , exclusive
President Obama's recent executive order directing that cyber threat information be shared more broadly with the private sector risks making the data less useful to the intelligence agencies that gather and process it. But the risk is worth the potential reward.
White House senior director for cybersecurity Andy Ozment said budget folks are getting a better understanding of why cybersecurity is important thanks to the administration's high- priority governmentwide goals. NIST also is helping push the cross-agency goals forward from a technical perspective.
Tags: technology , cybersecurity , Donna Dodson , NIST , White House , HSPD-12 , continuous monitoring , Trusted Internet Connections , Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board , cross-agency goals , Jason Miller
Andy Ozment returns to work with new cyber coordinator Michael Daniel. Ozment worked at DHS for the last year as director for compliance and technology.