Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Amy Morris
Ernest McDuffie, who oversees the National Initiative for Cybersecurity , joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to provide an update on how the program is working.
In an interview on the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris, Brenda Smith, the executive director for trade policy and programs at CBP, said the a new "simplified entry" tool, which is currently in the testing phase, will help streamline data requirements for companies that import material into the United States.
A white paper by the Postal Service Inspector General's office presents a case for offering an email service called the eMailbox. Bruce Marsh, the manager of the the IG office's General Risk Analysis Center, said the proposal was driven by the potential needs of both federal agencies and consumers.
Alex Filip, deputy director of the commission's communications office, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss new tools the CPSC has developed and how they can be used to bolster communication with industry.
Curt Aubley, vice president and chief technology officer of Lockheed Information Systems and Global Solutions, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss what the partnership means for the federal government.
Don Kettl, dean of the School of Public Policy at the University of Maryland, said policymakers can draw on lessons learned from previous rounds of government downsizing to make smarter decisions now. He made his remarks from the 2011 Excellence in Government conference.
Jeff Page, the chief financial officer of the Library of Congress, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the Excellence in Government conference in Washington, D.C. to discuss how the Library is preparing its budget for possible cuts.
With a week until the deficit panel's deadline, Bill Frenzel, a guest scholar of economic studies at the Brookings Institution, said details about what will be cut and by how much remain up in the air. "At the point, we don't know where any of these axes are going to fall," he said.
Soloway, whose group represents scores of government contractors, discussed how federal procurement reforms have been viewed on the industry side.