Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Amtrak
A new TSA initiative seeks to secure nation's railways
The traveling display that showcases memorabilia from Amtrak's 40-year history is stopping at Penn Station this weekend.
A high-profile senator is calling for stricter security for train travel in the wake of intelligence discoveries following Osama bin Laden's death.
The D.C. area has been mostly spared by a snowstorm that is dumping large amounts of snow on Southern Maryland, the Eastern Shore.
The great success of a new Amtrak line from Boston to Virginia has spurred the train company to add additional stops in some areas that haven't had train service for more than 30 years.
Amtrak service between Baltimore and Wilmington, Del. was disrupted Thursday night because a commercial power wire was down near Wilmington. Signal problems also caused problems between Philadelphia and Baltimore.
D.C. Mayor-elect Vincent Gray Wednesday named a top official in the Fenty administration his city administrator and chose a former Amtrak executive to be his chief of staff.
Tags: Vincent Gray , Allen Lew , Michelle Rhee , Gabe Klein , Gerry Mason Hall , D.C. Sports and Entertainment Commission , Office of Public Education Facilities Modernizatio , Nationals Park , Mark Segraves
Five MARC commuter rail cars have derailed after a slow-speed collision with a freight train in Union Station's rail yard. MARC's afternoon service is not expected to be affected.
Maryland and Metro are looking for dramatic changes around the New Carrollton Metro. They want a developer to build homes, offices and shops there.
Tags: Metro , New Carrollton , walkable community , Martin O'Malley , WMATA , development , Sprawl & Crawl , Sprawl and Crawl , housing , Purple Line , Orange Line , MARC , Colleen Kelleher , Neal Augenstein