Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Amtrak
A new TSA initiative seeks to secure nation's railways
The traveling display that showcases memorabilia from Amtrak's 40-year history is stopping at Penn Station this weekend.
A high-profile senator is calling for stricter security for train travel in the wake of intelligence discoveries following Osama bin Laden's death.
The D.C. area has been mostly spared by a snowstorm that is dumping large amounts of snow on Southern Maryland, the Eastern Shore.
The great success of a new Amtrak line from Boston to Virginia has spurred the train company to add additional stops in some areas that haven't had train service for more than 30 years.
Amtrak service between Baltimore and Wilmington, Del. was disrupted Thursday night because a commercial power wire was down near Wilmington. Signal problems also caused problems between Philadelphia and Baltimore.
D.C. Mayor-elect Vincent Gray Wednesday named a top official in the Fenty administration his city administrator and chose a former Amtrak executive to be his chief of staff.
Tags: Vincent Gray , Allen Lew , Michelle Rhee , Gabe Klein , Gerry Mason Hall , D.C. Sports and Entertainment Commission , Office of Public Education Facilities Modernizatio , Nationals Park , Mark Segraves
Five MARC commuter rail cars have derailed after a slow-speed collision with a freight train in Union Station's rail yard. MARC's afternoon service is not expected to be affected.
Maryland and Metro are looking for dramatic changes around the New Carrollton Metro. They want a developer to build homes, offices and shops there.
Tags: Metro , New Carrollton , walkable community , Martin O'Malley , WMATA , development , Sprawl & Crawl , Sprawl and Crawl , housing , Purple Line , Orange Line , MARC , Colleen Kelleher , Neal Augenstein