Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Americorps
President Barack Obama announced a taskforce Monday to help agencies better utilize volunteers in achieving their missions. The Corporation for National and Community Service will lead the taskforce along with representatives from 18 federal agencies and organizations.
A team from the Corporation for National and Community Service is being hailed as heroes for coordinating 60,000 volunteers after the twister. Kelly Menzie- DeGraff led the effort under AmeriCorps.
By partnering with AmeriCorps, the Federal Emergency Management Agency hopes add 1,600 young people to its disaster recovery efforts.
First there was the Peace Corps, and then AmeriCorps, which brought college grads into classrooms. Now there's FEMA Corps.
Cynthia Henderson is a leadership development expert, coach and trainer.