Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: American University
Chris O'Brien is the director of sustainability at American University in Washington. He offers some advice for federal workers who want to green their offices. O'Brien said to go easy dishing out the guilt and instead serve up solutions that make work easier and more efficient, and heap the praise on everyone who helps.
Budget cuts could undermine leadership development in the federal government, observers say. Federal News Radio's Francis Rose spoke with American University's Robert Tobias about managers who say they have less time to participate in leadership development activities.
The Washington region's colleges and universities will be a catalyst for the District of Columbia's economic growth over the next decade as the federal government downsizes, a change that should give the institutions more lobbying power, a new report says.
Deandrew Hamlin has been indicted in the District, and no longer faces a charge in Montgomery County.
Nearly every President since Richard Nixon tried to revamp how the government works in one way or another, and few have found any real success. Experts say the focus should be getting Congressional buy-in first, and not promising cost savings. Four senior lawmakers ask OMB for more information on the status of the current restructuring effort.
Tags: management , Jeff Zients , Moira Mack , Joseph Lieberman , Susan Collins , Darrell Issa , Elijah Cummings , OMB , White House , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , DHS , John Kamensky , Dwight Ink , Janet Hale , Thomas Reinhardt , Jim Locher , Beryl Radin , Robert Tobias , Scott Fosler , IBM , Deloitte , CSC , Project on National Security Reform , NAPA , Center for Public Policy and Private Enterprise , government reorganization , Jason Miller
Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said repeatedly over recent weeks that operating the Defense Department under 2010 funding levels represented a "crisis on my doorstep." Several Defense spending critics said the assessment was overblown.
American University scholar in residence Beryl Radin outlines the challenges of reorganization government, called for by President Obama in his State of the Union address.
How did the president do last night in terms of getting his message across? We look at the rhetoric with AU's Robert Lehrman.