Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: American University
Gordon Adams, a professor of international relations at American University and former associate director at the Office of Management and Budget, outlines how draw downs have impacted DoD budgets since World War II.
New white paper from three federal policy experts offers ideas for implementing new executive order.
President Barack Obama's work with the SEC, EPA and FTC is a sign of things to come for the FDA among others, according to a presidential scholar. Federal News Radio learns about "one of the best kept secrets in American political life."
FOIA "the power cord that connects the American people to their government."
Fiscal 2011 budget provides look into how agencies will be expected to improve program departmentwide and governmentwide. The administration calls for bureau levels goals, a new performance portal and problem solving networks. Experts praise White House approach to addressing management issues.
Pressing the Obama White House on accountability and openness
The plethora of new, previously unavailable datasets blossoming on federal agency websites following a deadline last Friday are just the most recent manifestation of the Open Government Initiative. Recently, a panel of experts sat down at the American University's Washington College of Law to explore the OGI as part of the Obama Administration's push for more transparency and openness. They discussed where agencies go from here towards an April deadline set by the White House.
"Transparency" and "openness" have been two of the hallmarks of the Obama White House. But one year after the Inauguration, how is the administration doing in fulfilling the promise of a more open government? Surprising analysis from representatives of some Washington-based good government groups during a conference at the American University.
Tags: newsstand , Freedom of Information Act , Robynn Sturm , Lucy Dalglish , Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press , David Sobel , Electronic Frontier Foundation , Thomas Fitton , Judicial Watch , Washington College of Law , Collaboration on Government Secrecy , Max Cacas
American University Director of Sustainability Chris O'Brien analyzes the Federal News Radio "Greening the Government" survey.