Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AmeriCorps
President Barack Obama announced a taskforce Monday to help agencies better utilize volunteers in achieving their missions. The Corporation for National and Community Service will lead the taskforce along with representatives from 18 federal agencies and organizations.
A team from the Corporation for National and Community Service is being hailed as heroes for coordinating 60,000 volunteers after the twister. Kelly Menzie- DeGraff led the effort under AmeriCorps.
By partnering with AmeriCorps, the Federal Emergency Management Agency hopes add 1,600 young people to its disaster recovery efforts.
First there was the Peace Corps, and then AmeriCorps, which brought college grads into classrooms. Now there's FEMA Corps.
Cynthia Henderson is a leadership development expert, coach and trainer.