Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Amazon
Evan Lesser, founder and director of ClearanceJobs.com will discuss how cleared professionals should be dealing with social media.
September 5, 2014
Tags: workforce , Evan Lesser , ClearanceJobs.com , security clearances , federal hiring , contracting , social media , LinkedIn , Instagram , Facebook , HP , Dell , Google , Microsoft , Derrick Dortch , Fed Access
Meeting Mandates with Flexible Cloud Solutions that Offer Cost Savings and Improve Application Delivery Time
Developers in public sector are trying to meet mandates with flexible cloud solutions that offer cost savings and improve application delivery time. Mark Ryland, the Chief Solutions Architect for Amazon Web Services' Worldwide Public Sector discusses how AWS is the right cloud solution from a developer's perspective:
Amazon Web Services focuses on providing developers flexibility and choice within our cloud Infrastructure. Developers can pick and choose the capabilities they need from a rich suite of services, provision them immediately, and pay for only what they need, when they need it. The AWS cloud gives developers the security and agility they require to meet their agency's fast-changing needs, while dramatically reducing costs and "time to mission".
Join AWS at the Public Sector Summit to learn more. October 10 in Washington D-C. Visit aws.amazon.com/gov to register.
Mark Ryland, the Chief Solutions Architect for Amazon Web Services' Worldwide Public Sector team discusses how their customers are able to build their cloud applications AND meet the latest security requirements for their agencies:
At AWS, we provide robust physical security, isolation and control at the network layer, the storage layer, and on virtual machines all familiar best practices for customers today. Many agencies have been able to improve their security posture using the AWS cloud because the ease of deploying and managing cloud infrastructure gives them greater visibility and control over their IT resources. And for more sensitive workloads, our customers have access to GovCloud, a US Government AWS region built and operated to ITAR requirements.
Join AWS at the Public Sector Summit to learn more about GovCloud and more. October 10 in Washington DC. Visit aws.amazon.com/gov to register.
Red Hat Chief Technology Strategist Gunnar Hellekson joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company helps federal agencies with their open software needs.
May 15, 2012
Josh Stephens, vice president of Technology at J&J Solarwinds, joins host John Gilroy to talk about how his company can help you with common cloud issues.
February 7, 2012
Tags: technology , J&J Solarwinds , network management , management tools , cloud computing , applications , Virtualization , storage , cybersecurity , Rackspace , Josh Stephens , Thwack , information sharing , Gov 2.0 , information technology , records management , John Gilroy , Federal Tech Talk
CIOs and other federal IT experts say cloud computing security isn't much different than other protecting other technology systems. The chief technology officer for the CIA, Gus Hunt, said the cloud's elasticity makes it harder for hackers to attack.
Vendors say agencies likely to start small with private networks
The feud between Venezuela and Colombia has reached a new level. About 400 gold miners from Colombia and Brazil were kicked out of Venezuela accused of damaging the Yapacana national park in the Venezuelan state of Amazonia. The Colombian government says the move was a violation of the miner's human rights. Venezuela and Colombia have been at each others throats for months since Colombia made the decision to allow U.S. troops more access to military bases. Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez says that sets the stage for U.S. aggression against his country.
In 2009, Recovery.gov was created as a way to follow the money being handed out through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. Michael Wood, director of Recovery.gov, told Federal News Radio using the cloud has been a major contributing factor to the website’s success, starting with the redesign of Recovery.gov. Amazon’s Elastic Compute Cloud was [...]