Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alliant
General Dynamics wins $900 million contract to build the consolidated headquarters technology infrastructure.
Agency issues RFP for e-mail through software-as-a-service. GSA asks for 39 mandatory services with the hope of reducing the cost and modernizing its systems. The new system could support as many as 30,000 users.
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: contracting , Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , VA , DoD , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Multiple award contracts , GWACs , T4 , EAGLE , Ed O
Agency plans moving forward with re-compete despite GSA's attempt to bring Eagle under the Alliant GWAC. DHS spent almost $2 billion on IT services in 2009 and more than $8 billion overall through the vehicle.
Learn all about GWACs this week.
GSA looking at Web 2.0, green IT to help agencies, improve services
Federal Acquisition Service, GSA
February 3rd, 2009