Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alliant
Agency issues RFP for e-mail through software-as-a-service. GSA asks for 39 mandatory services with the hope of reducing the cost and modernizing its systems. The new system could support as many as 30,000 users.
DHS, VA say they need their own multiple award contracts because they want vendors who are familiar with their processes and requirements. Others say agencies want the "glory" of running large procurements and are unhappy with GSA's fees. GSA is trying to address the perception of poor customer service as a way to bring more agencies into the fold.
Tags: contracting , Ed O'Hare , Soraya Correa , Iris Cooper , Martha Johnson , GSA , DHS , VA , DoD , Jim Williams , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , multiple award contracts , GWACs , T4 , EAGLE , Ed O
Agency plans moving forward with re-compete despite GSA's attempt to bring Eagle under the Alliant GWAC. DHS spent almost $2 billion on IT services in 2009 and more than $8 billion overall through the vehicle.
Learn all about GWACs this week.
GSA looking at Web 2.0, green IT to help agencies, improve services
Federal Acquisition Service, GSA
February 3rd, 2009