Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alice Rivlin
A ten percent DoD budget cut can be done, says Brookings Senior Fellow Michael O'Hanlon.
The Fiscal Commission issued its final set of recommendations detailing several that would affect federal employees. The panel suggested reducing the federal workforce by 200,000 employees over the next five years, changing the FEHB to a defined contribution premium program and several other short term changes.
Tags: management , White House , OMB , National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and R , Paul Posner , Robert Shea , George Mason University , Grant Thornton , budget deficit , pay freeze , spending cuts , Jason Miller
Politico reports on the various proposals coming from both sides of the aisles. None seem to stand out as favorable among lawmakers. The only thing Democrats and Republicans do agree on is that the budget decisions will be tough.
A growing number of adult children are returning home, assuming dependent status and needing health insurance. So how's the federal health insurance program handling this? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains.