Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alice Rivlin
A ten percent DoD budget cut can be done, says Brookings Senior Fellow Michael O'Hanlon.
The Fiscal Commission issued its final set of recommendations detailing several that would affect federal employees. The panel suggested reducing the federal workforce by 200,000 employees over the next five years, changing the FEHB to a defined contribution premium program and several other short term changes.
Tags: management , White House , OMB , National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and R , Paul Posner , Robert Shea , George Mason University , Grant Thornton , budget deficit , pay freeze , spending cuts , Jason Miller
Politico reports on the various proposals coming from both sides of the aisles. None seem to stand out as favorable among lawmakers. The only thing Democrats and Republicans do agree on is that the budget decisions will be tough.
A growing number of adult children are returning home, assuming dependent status and needing health insurance. So how's the federal health insurance program handling this? Senior Correspondent Mike Causey explains.