Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alfred Rivera
The Army expects to mostly finish the migration to enterprise email by the end of this month. The Air Force and the Navy begin pilot tests using the cloud applications.
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Cancellations of in-person meetings press DoD's Web conferencing system past its limits. The Defense Information Systems Agency will complete upgrades by Feb. 15.
So, how does data center consolidation open doors for mission improvements? How does data center consolidation change the way you have to buy and manage mission critical systems? And how can agencies move money from operating and maintaining a data center to developing, modernizing and enhancing mission-critical systems?
The Defense Information Systems Agency created a Defense-wide directory of email addresses in support of their enterprise email system. But the real value in the listing of every military and civilian employee, contractor and retiree email address may be in securing information in a new way through the use of access based identity management. NIST is testing how to best use secure identity cards in the cloud.
Tags: Technology , DISA , Donna Dodson , NIST , cloud computing , Army , enterprise email , identity management , HSPD-12 , Common Access Card , cybersecurity , DoD , information sharing , Jason Miller
DoD dollars are coming down, and cyber threats are rising. The Defense Information Systems Agency says the enterprise services it's trying to build for the entire military are one answer to both problems.
November 15th at 12pm
Program will discuss Progress Report on Defense Cloud Computing Initiatives, Top Cloud Computing Priorities, Key Challenges to Overcome, Lessons Learned & Best Practices, and A Vision for The Future
All over the Federal government, IT experts and their bosses continue the search for new information and wisdom on the topic of cloud computing. On Thursday, attendees at an industry breakfast got a panel discussion from some of the top names in federal cloud computing.
Several departments are out ahead of the OMB mandate to consolidate data facilities over the next four years. Energy is starting small to show business owners they will get the same level of service under the new setup. Other agencies see green in cutting back on the centers-both money and energy efficiency.