Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alec Ross
State Department senior adviser for innovation Alec Ross explains the purpose of a recent speech from Secretary Hillary Clinton.
Across government, agencies are trying to wrap their arms around new media. The State Department's Alec Ross talks about how the agency is "exploring new avenues in 21st century statecraft."
Federal CTO Aneesh Chopra says agencies need people to lead this innovation. He also says new directive will help solidify the permanence of open government ideals.
Alec Ross is the Senior Advisor for Innovation in the Office of Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said 21st century statecraft already has provided some short-term successes.
July 19th and 21st
Hear from FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate, Federal Environment Executive Michelle Moore, Dr. David Blumenthal on Health IT, Rich Haley on managing financial resources at the FBI, Professor Tom Davenport on analytics and making better decisions, and Alec Ross on using social media to advance U.S. diplomatic goals. All of this and more next week on The Business of Government Magazine show