Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alan Paller
The President has chosen Howard Schmidt to be the White House Cybersecurity Coordinator. Alan Paller, director of research at the SANS Institute, told Federal News Radio Schmidt is well aware that 'Washington is a town that eats its young.'
DHS, private research groups launch new tools to help agencies and industry close cybersecurity holes. DHS officials liken a rating system to the Energy Star labels that indicate how efficient appliances are.
The Obama Administration unveiled its International Cybersecurity Strategy at a White House event. The Sans Institute's Alan Paller told Federal News Radio he was dazzled. He explains why.
The U.S. Cyber Challenge will offer programs to encourage high school and college students with a knack for computers, mathematics and science to consider careers in IT security.
A new program will target high school students in the government's search for the next generation of cyber warriors. Lawmakers hope the U.S. Cyber Challenge will help attract and train much needed experts in cybersecurity.
SANS Institute's Alan Paller explains the findings of a report on cyber expert hiring.
Cybersecurity Awareness Challenge winners announced, Northrop takes home the Hoyt Vandenberg Award
President Barack Obama and several of the administration's top cybersecurity officials met with key members of the private sector at the White House Wednesday to review progress in national cybersecurity activity in the past year. Alan Paller brings us up to speed.
Alan Paller, director of research for the SANS Institute, brings us analysis.