Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alan Paller
On the In Depth show blog, you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
The FBI has identified and charged several key members of the hacker collective Anonymous and at least one member of the loose-knit group has turned FBI informant. Alan Paller, the director of research at the SANS Institute joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the recent cybersecurity developments.
Alan Paller, the director of research at the SANS Institute, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the a proposed cybersecurity bill that the Senate has moved closed toward debating.
Alan Paller, the director of research at the SANS Institute, and Larry Allen, of Allen Federal Business Partners, count down the top federal news stories of the week.
The Senate is set to take up comprehensive cyber legislation in January that already is causing experts heartburn. Provisions to give the Homeland Security Department more authorities, including taking "any lawful action" to stop cyber attacks against systems holding federal data, are coming under fire. Industry experts are optimistic Congress will pass major cyber reform.
Alan Paller, the vice president for research at the SANS Institute told In Depth with Francis Rose the appointment of Mark Weatherford to head the DHS cyber division has reinvigorated the agency's operations.
Mark Weatherford recently took the reins as deputy under secretary for cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland Security.
Vice President for Research
Oct. 23rd, 2008
Alan Paller, San Institute &
John Gilligan, The Gilligan Group
March 5, 2009