Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alan Bersin
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Alan Bersin had been appointed by President Barack Obama to serve as the department's first assistant secretary of international affairs. Bersin, who served as the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection in a recess appointment, resigned last month after Congress adjourned without voting to confirm his appointment.
Alan Bersin is resigning as the commissioner of Customs and Border Patrol at the end of the year.
More than 125 U.S. Customs and Border Protection employees have been arrested or indicted on corruption charges since 2004. We get details from The Hill's Jordy Yager
The arrest of Faisal Shahzad is a sign of things to come says CBP Commissioner Alan Bersin.
The virtual fence, better known as SBInet, was originally proposed by the Bush Administration to monitor the southern U.S. border with Mexico. But now, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are quickly losing patience with a project that has had a troubled history, while hemorrhaging hundreds of millions of dollars in costs.