Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alan Bersin
A customer service representative at the IRS who repeatedly greeted taxpayers calling a help-line with a chant urging President Barack Obama's re-election in 2012 could now be facing significant disciplinary action, according to the Office of Special Counsel. It's one of three cases of improper political activity at the agency recently uncovered by OSC. Meanwhile, three career officials at Customs and Border Protection are under fire by OSC for allegedly manipulating the hiring process to install job candidates favored by political leadership into career appointments.
DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Alan Bersin had been appointed by President Barack Obama to serve as the department's first assistant secretary of international affairs. Bersin, who served as the commissioner of Customs and Border Protection in a recess appointment, resigned last month after Congress adjourned without voting to confirm his appointment.
Alan Bersin is resigning as the commissioner of Customs and Border Patrol at the end of the year.
More than 125 U.S. Customs and Border Protection employees have been arrested or indicted on corruption charges since 2004. We get details from The Hill's Jordy Yager
The arrest of Faisal Shahzad is a sign of things to come says CBP Commissioner Alan Bersin.
The virtual fence, better known as SBInet, was originally proposed by the Bush Administration to monitor the southern U.S. border with Mexico. But now, lawmakers on Capitol Hill are quickly losing patience with a project that has had a troubled history, while hemorrhaging hundreds of millions of dollars in costs.