Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Alan Balutis
OMB Director Orszag says the administration considered not requesting a raise for feds in 2011. But he says several reasons, including focusing on the workforce, swayed the decision. Orszag calls the workforce and technology key to transforming the government.
Francis' guests are Rob Burton of Venable LLP and Alan Balutis of Cisco.
Federal hiring still takes too long and asks too much of applicants. But the agency hiring process is inching closer to mirroring the private sector. Officials, academics, analysts and union representatives agreed that agencies need to take the next steps to maintain progress.
Host Francis Rose counts down the top federal news stories of the week with Alan Balutis and Robert Burton.
During a Shutdown: non-essential teleworkers unplug!
Federal employees are barred from voluntarily working unpaid during a shutdown, explains Cisco's Alan Balutis.
Alan Balutis and Joanne Connelly count down the three most important Federal news stories of the week.