Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Air Force
Twitter to scrub links, VA investigates data breach
Nearly overwhelmed with data from its drone aircraft in Afghanistan, the Air Force is building a new data center to analyze this information and share it with troops and commanders who need it.
The Air Force is assigning a new three-star general to oversee it's efforts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Gen. Gilmary Hostage III is moving from Shaw Air Force base in South Carolina. The Air Force's top commander told Congress last month a change was needed to increase the service's focus on the air wars and intensifying operations in Afghanistan. The plan is to intensify the use of unmanned drones to aid in the hunt for militants.
The Air Force will have a new inspector general.
Deputy Secretary Lynn scheduled to make reveal plans during speech at CSIS.
Standard configuration for Windows 2003 and 2008 builds upon desktop baseline. New secure servers provide another level of cybersecurity for agency systems.
The organization is made up of people from CIOs office, intelligence command and operational command. Task force looking for enterprisewide IT security systems.
Contract could be worth $35 billion. This is third time the Air Force is trying to award the modernization contract.
Chief performance officer Zients says agencies need to figure out and follow the best metrics to improve performance. Federal Performance Portal will be a one-stop shop for all agency measures that are being tracked through online dashboards.
Army aviators — the soldiers who fly attack missions, ferry troops and supplies and evacuate the wounded — are in ever-increasing demand even as America eyes the exits in Afghanistan. The Afghanistan conflict, which marked its 10th anniversary Friday, is in many ways a helicopter war.