Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Agency of the Month
David Muntz serves as the principal deputy national coordinator at the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. He joins Federal News Radio as this week's guest on Agency of the Month.
Having an intuitive technology platform allows the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality to have a constructive relationship with other agencies in the Department of Health and Human Services, Director Carolyn Clancy tells Federal News Radio's Agency of the Month show.
The Indian Health Service is using the success of the Veterans Affairs e-health record program to update its own systems. IHS Acting Chief Information Officer Howard Hays spoke to Federal News Radio's Agency of the Month show about the upgrade.
Rafael Borras, the Homeland Security Department's undersecretary for management, said in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, improvements to back-office functions show how interdependent the agency has become over the last few years. DHS is managing its acquisition, financial management and human capital processes through a holistic approach.
Catherine Emerson, the agency's chief human capital officer, said the annual turnover rate is only 1.35 percent for its 240,000 employees. She said new programs, called Cornerstone and Capstone, are trying to ensure employees have the leadership training necessary for the future. The Coast Guard also is increasing employee engagement as it prepares to move into its new headquarters at St. Elizabeth's in Washington.
Tags: Catherine Emerson , DHS , CHCO , workforce , recruitment , cybersecurity , diversity , morale , Manson Brown , Coast Guard , management , leadership training , succession planning , Jason Miller , Francis Rose ,
The agency is changing its approach to the Einstein tool to keep up with the changing technology. Mark Weatherford, under secretary for cybersecurity, said on Agency of the Month that DHS is helping agencies be more proactive in defending their networks. He isn't worried about the turnover in his office.
The military may be the biggest user of energy in the federal government, but the Navy is doing its part to lessen the load, according to Tom Hicks, deputy assistant secretary of the Navy for energy.
Gladys Commons, assistant secretary of the Navy for financial management and comptroller, said the Navy hopes to have its Statement of Budgetary Resources audit-ready by the end of 2013, ahead of the Defense Department's deadline.
Vice Admiral Philip Cullom is the deputy chief of Naval Operations for Fleet Readiness and Logistics at the Navy.
President of Mailing and Shipping Services
Sept. 24 2009