Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Aerospace Industries Association
A new staff report from the Senate Commerce Committee highlights some of the ways in which the government shutdown is throwing sand in the gears of the private economy. But the authors also point to several ways in which federal furloughs are jeopardizing public safety.
Tags: workforce , management , government shutdown , Congress , Senate Commerce Committee , Consumer Federation of America , Deborah Hersman , Marion Blakey , Rachel Weintraub , NTSB , FAA , CPSC , NHTSA , FDA , Jared Serbu
As the first elements of sequestration's impact on the Defense industrial base begin to take shape, observers inside and outside the Pentagon worry about small businesses.
Tags: Private Side of Sequestration , DoD , sequestration , industry , contracting , Congress , small business , Beacon Interactive Systems , Klett Consulting , Marion Blakey , ML Mackey , Mark Klett , Elana Broitman , Jared Serbu
The Federal Aviation Administration is slated to lose $1 billion from its budget if Congress does not act to prevent sequestration, according to a study released by the Aerospace Industries Association. But the cuts would ripple throughout the nation's economy. About 100,000 jobs throughout the economy would be lost.
Tags: Stephen Fuller , sequestration , DoD , Congress , House Armed Services Committe , Budget Control Act , budget , Congressional Research Service , John McCain , Marion Blakey , Jeffrey Zients , Ashton Carter
Civilian agency payrolls would be most vulnerable under automatic budget cuts set to kick in on Jan. 2. A new AIA and George Mason University study claims 229,000 non-defense federal jobs would be eliminated.
Tags: Congress , sequestration , Budget Control Act , workforce , pay and benefits , Marion Blakey , Stephen Fuller , George Mason University , Jeanne Shaheen , Kelly Ayotte , Gordon Adams , Jared Serbu
Roughly five months until across-the-board budget reductions, known as sequestration, are set to kick in, the Aerospace Industries Association unveiled a new report Tuesday that warned of jobs losses, billions in losses to the economy and a blow to wages from the $1.2 trillion, 10-year cuts in defense and domestic programs. The report comes amid a cacophony of election-year demands and partisan backbiting over how to avert the impending cuts that will only grow louder in the coming weeks. Lawmakers agree that it's imperative that Congress move swiftly before the November election to avert the cuts, but have offered wide variations on a solution.
Letter, sent to 15 large vendors, asks for estimated impacts of sequestration on defense contractors.
Tags: DoD , Congress , budget , sequestration , defense industrial base , John McCain , Kelly Ayotte , Joe Lieberman , Saxby Chambliss , John Cornyn , James Inhofe , Lindsey Graham , Lockheed Marting , Jared Serbu
In an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose, Fred Downey, vice president of national security at the Aerospace Industries Association, breaks down what the defense industry is saying about DoD's strategy.
New plans for NASA put jobs and billions of dollars on the line. Marion Blakey, president and CEO of the Aerospace Industries Association gives us the private sector's perspective