Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Adam Tuss
"The point of this is to stimulate growth and move people between neighborhoods," D.C. Department of Transportation Director Gabe Klein tells WTOP.
You hate getting stuck in traffic and Metro is too crowded. Would you consider hopping on a streetcar?
Tags: DDOT , streetcars , Adrian Fenty , Anacostia , Bolling Air Force Base , H Street , Benning Road , Northeast D.C. , Georgetown , O Street , P Street , Gabe Klein , Jack Evans , National Capital Planning Commission ,
Metro's oldest and busiest line is not running on a schedule that matches "reality." That frank assessment came from the transit agency's interim general manager.
For the first time ever, police officers from Maryland and Virginia are teaming up for Capitol Region HOV Awareness Day on Wednesday. Officers will be looking for HOV cheaters on Interstates 66, 95, 395, and 270, as well as the Dulles Toll Road and Route 50.
Metro police officers are on heightened alert following the failed New York City bombing in Times Square over the weekend.
Metro's Board of Directors has not settled on exactly how much, but there is a consensus that fares are going to increase.
WTOP's Adam Tuss goes on road patrol with an accident-clearing crew to see what's involved with getting wrecks and disabled vehicles cleared quickly.
"To be honest, trying to squeeze as many cars as we try to squeeze into our city streets isn't working," says Gabe Klein, director of the D.C. Department of Transportation.
Metro's Interim General Manager Richard Sarles says he should be replaced as soon as possible.
Jim Dougherty enters Metro at a time when the spotlight on safety is at its apex.