Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition Excellence Conference
Proponents of government-wide acquisition contracts (GWACs) say agencies are starting to understand their value. They are optimistic even though less than 15 percent of all federal IT spending goes through GWACs now. Rob Coen, acting director of NIH's Information Technology Acquisition and Assessment Center, spoke with Federal Drive host Emily Kopp about the GWAC programs NIH manages. Kopp caught up with Coen at the recent Acquisition Excellence Conference.
The Veterans Affairs Acquisition Academy is preparing for a special commencement ceremony this fall. About two dozen veterans will graduate from its Warriors to Workforce Program. Program Manager David Sella spoke with Federal Drive host Tom Temin about how the program works and how the agency plans to expand it. Tom caught up with Sella at the 2014 Acquisition Excellence Conference. View photos and listen to more interviews from the conference.
GSA, NASA and NIH are providing agency customers more insight into what they are buying, how they are buying it and what prices they are paying. OFPP plans to launch the Prices Paid Portal later this year. But others say it's not about the data, but the outcomes agencies are trying to achieve.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , GSA , Chris Fornecker , Joanne Woytek , NASA , Rob Coen , NIH , Paul Brubaker , DoD , Karen Pica , OMB , Lesley Field , OFPP , Data transparency , Christina Ho , Treasury , USASpending.gov , ACT-IAC
NASA delays a new governmentwide acquisition contract for IT equipment and software.
Tom Sharpe, the commissioner of the Federal Acquisition Service at the General Services Administration, is focusing on 10 areas to make the organization more responsive and efficient. Sharpe also plans to meet with vendors and employees to improve their satisfaction with FAS.
Federal News Radio interviews conference speakers and organizers about the 2013 Acquisition Excellence Conference.
Acting administrator Lesley Field said this version will focus on trying to dispel myths commonly held by industry. Agencies also posted their vendor communications plans on FedBizOpps.gov as part of the initial Mythbusters campaign.
Kshemendra Paul, Information Sharing Environment's program manager, joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp at the Acquisition Excellence Conference in Washington.
Iris Cooper is executive director of VA's Office of Acquisition Operations. She joined The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp at the Acquisition Excellence conference in Washington to talk about the agency's T-4 services contract.