Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
In next year's budget, key factors for program funding are performance, performance and performance, the Air Force's top acquisition official said.
Ray Bjorklund, vice president and chief knowledge officer at Deltek, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss DoD contract management.
Adm. Bob Day, the assistant commander for C4&IT at the U.S. Coast Guard, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the agency's recent purchase of a mobile-security solution from contractor Unisys.
The latest report on the 10-year effort to build a nationwide interoperable communications system shows law enforcement agents are still using 15-year-old radios. DoJ's Integrated Wireless Network program has been a victim of budget shortfalls and poor governance.
The federal CIO said he's not concerned that the administration's cloud initiative will fall victim to the same types of roadblocks lawmakers set out for e-government seven years ago. VanRoekel said members of Congress need data on the value cloud computing brings. He also said vendor management organizations and mobile computing are among his short term priorities.
Belva Martin, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the agency's latest report on the use of the national-security exception in defense contracting. GAO concluded the Defense Department's rules for when its agencies must disclose the use of the exception are unclear.
Tom Allen, the chairman of the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the recent report it released to stakeholders, which serves as the board's three-year plan.
Steve Krause, a principal at Catalyst Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how steep defense cuts could actually play to smaller contractors' strengths.
Ed Meagher, a vice president at contracting giant CSC, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how Operation Jump-Start helps veterans find civilian careers.
Kay Sears, president of Intelsat General Corporation, will talk about how the federal communications marketplace is changing.
January 17, 2012