Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Federal Acquisition Service Commissioner Steve Kempf will talk about where the government-wide contracting market place is headed.
March 20, 2012(Encore presentation April 24, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , Steve Kempf , GSA , Federal Acquisition Service , Integrations , Multiple Award Schedule , industrial funding fee , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
The Army is in the middle of a major rethink of mobile devices, including how it secures them, how it buys them and ultimately, how it uses them. The push comes amid a mandate to find $1.5 billion in IT savings across the Army.
Host Mark Amtower will discuss a wide ranging of contracting issues with Harold Good, director of Purchasing for Frederick County Maryland.
March 19, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , GSA schedules , US Communities , Washington Council of Governments , Baltimore Regional Cooperative , NPI , LinkedIn , Harold Good , purchasing agreements , social media
Warren Linscott, vice president at Deltek, tells The Federal Drive with Tom Temin what areas of growth are out there for federal contractors.
n 2007, 75 percent of the Air Force's service contracts were awarded through competitive procurements. By last year, that had fallen to 59 percent.
Host Roger Waldron and Jim Schweiter, partner at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP will talk about legislation affecting the contracting community.
March 13, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Jim Schweiter , McKenna Long & Aldridge , comprehensive contingency contracting reform act of 2012 , Claire McCaskill , Jim Webb , Wartime Contracting Commission , contractor accountability , contingency contracting , Off the Shelf , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement
The Army and Marine Corps will be in the market for a new generation of ground vehicles soon. But acquisition officials there should think hard before they buy, according to Dr. Andrew Krepinevich, the president of the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments. Krepinevich discussed the trends likely to impact the development of combat vehicles.
Balancing government requirements and commercial best practices in the next generation of Multiple Awards Schedules could be a big boost for the General Services Administration. Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his analysis.
Peg and Claudia Hosky of Hosky Communications and FedInsider talk about ways to raise your profile with government agencies.
March 12, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , networking , Hosky Communications , Peg Hosky , Claudia Hosky , FedInsider , government market , Federal Senior Management Conference , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center , WFED
Joseph Petrillo, attorney with Petrillo and Powell in Washington, D.C., talks to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin about the new rules put in place by the Federal Acquisition Regulation Council.