Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Procurement experts say the increased use of this punishment is the "death penalty" for the vendors. Lawmakers say agencies need penalize bad actors more aggressively.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , industry , Susan Collins , Joseph Lieberman , Dan Gordon , GAO , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs Co , supension and debarment , Bill Shook , Shook-Donan , Joe Hornyak , Holland and Knight , Jason Miller
Mears is head of Motorola Solutions' Government and Public Safety.
OMB details the 12 product service codes and specific steps agencies must take over the next year to cut 15 percent of their management service contracts next year. Agencies spent $44 billion on these contracts in 2011.
Progress has been made in better recruiting and training the acquisition workforce, but budget cuts could threaten years of progress, outgoing OFPP administrator Dan Gordon said at a House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.
Tags: acquisition , workforce , acquisition workforce , DoD , DAU , FAI , Donna Jenkins , Katrina McFarland , Roger Jordan , PSC , Dan Gordon , Gerry Connolly , House Oversight and Government Reform Committee , Jared Serbu
VA's expert on that front is Glenn Haggstrom, the executive director of the department's Office of Acquisition, Logistics and Construction. joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris from the 2011 Government Contract Management Conference with his perspective on acquisition.
The Defense Department said it intends to not just rebuild its acquisition workforce in numbers, but also make sure those employees have access to new tools that will give them the insight they need to make good decisions.
Host Roger Waldron is joined by Lisa Doyle, Chancellor of the Department of Veteran Affairs Acquisition Academy. They will talk about the academy's curriculum and its vision.
November 15, 2011
A new report finds agency data is dubious and lacks reliability. OFPP disagrees with GAO's findings.
Soloway, whose group represents scores of government contractors, discussed how federal procurement reforms have been viewed on the industry side.