Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what recent indications from the Defense Department on A-76 and other workforce initiatives mean for industry.
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement who previously served in the General Services Administration, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the pros and cons of cost-reimbursement contracts.
DoD researchers are trying to figure out a way to build big weapons systems in two years instead of 10, by following the lead of the IT industry. DARPA plans to test the concept with the Marine Corps, fulfilling their need for an amphibious combat vehicle.
Alan Chvotkin, the vice president and general counsel at the Professional Services Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what industry would like to see in a final bill.
Terry Halvorsen, the chief information officer at the Navy, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the Navy's efforts to attract small-business IT contractors.
The service will reissue two major pieces of the draft RFP for comment. The Navy said it will not release the final RFP before the end of January.
Host Roger Waldron will discuss a wide variety of procurement issues, with Judy Marks, CEO of Siemens Government Technologies.
December 06, 2012(Encore presentation January 10, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Judy Marks , Siemens Government Technologies , federal market , energy conservation , performance contracts , team building , management , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
Winslow Wheeler, director of the Straus Military Reform Project at the Center for Defense Information, says that the latest holdups with the F-35 joint strike fighter program are nothing new. He suggests that it might be time for the DoD to pull the plug on the ill-fated program and seek other solutions.
Veteran federal sales executive Max Peterson joined host Mark Amtower for a discussion about current conditions facing the IT community as well as potential "hot" areas for contractors selling IT products and services to the government over the next few years.
December 5, 2011(Encore presentation January 23, 2012)
Lee Dougherty, who leads the government contracts practice group at General Counsel, P.C., joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the most recent bid protest numbers, released by GAO. Those numbers show the highest number of protests since 1995.