Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Bill Kobren, the director of the Logistics and Sustainment Center at DAU, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how a new online toolkit will help DoD's acquisition community.
Allen Federal CEO Larry Allen will talk about GSA schedules and other procurement issues with host Mark Amtower.
December 19, 2011(Encore presentation January 2, 2012)
Army Lt. Col. Camilla White, the deputy program manager for the GCSS, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss some IT-acquisition best practices learned from her experiences with the Increment 7 investment.
"Crawl before you can walk. Walk before you can run." That's how Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel framed his 2012 priorities in his first speech to government IT contractors in Washington. He said agencies would have to do "more with less," but he wanted to emphasize the "more."
The Army's senior leaders want the service to beat its 2015 target to cut down the number of data centers it uses.
Glenn San Giacomo, a senior vice president and business unit general manager at SAIC, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the ins and outs of successful supply chain management. SAIC was recently awarded a supply chain contract by the DLA to provide land and aircraft tires.
Host Roger Waldron is joined by Martha Johnson, administrator for the General Services Administration.
December 13, 2011(Encore presentation December 27, 2011)
Tags: Martha Johnson , GSA , sustainability , strategic sourcing , cloud computing , budget , acquisition , contracting , procurement , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Coalition for Government Procurement
Bill Woods, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, directed a team that reviewed seven defense companies and their internal audit processes. He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the findings of the report.
Rob Burton, a partner at Venable law firm, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what recent indications from the Defense Department on A-76 and other workforce initiatives mean for industry.
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement who previously served in the General Services Administration, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the pros and cons of cost-reimbursement contracts.