Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Agency introduces the new Demand Based Model that will focus resources on the products and services agencies need and want the most. GSA plans on closing two schedules and parts of 14 others to new offerors. GSA also will cut vendors who do little or no business on the schedule to help reduce administrative costs.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , industry , Steve Kempf , GSA , Larry Allen , Allen Federal Business Partners , Mick Mulvaney , House Small Business Committee , supply schedules , Demand Based Model , Small business contracting , Jason Miller
OMB highlights successes of 25-point strategy on its 18-month anniversary. Federal CIO Steve VanRoekel said agencies saved $100 million from moving email to the cloud. There now are more than 1,000 qualified program managers in the new job series. The IT reform plan helps institute culture change from CIOs on down.
June 7, 2012(Encore presentation July 5, 2012)
Tags: technology , management , Steve VanRoekel , OMB , Mike Hettinger , SIIA , 25-point IT reform plan , cloud computing , shared services , data center consolidation , TechStat , FedRAMP , acquisition , Jason Miller , Ask the CIO , PortfolioStat , agile development , 2210 job series , IT acquisition
Mayer Brown LLP partner Marcia Madsen will talk about what government managers and contractors need to know when it comes to data collection and transparency.
June 5, 2012(Encore presentation June 12, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , data collection , transparency , data accountability and transparency act of 2012 , Marcia Madsen , Mayer Brown LLP , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
The General Services Administration has awarded Concur Technologies a contract to launch the next phase of the agency's cloud-based travel-management service. Version 2 of the program will provide travel planning, authorizations, reservations, ticketing, and reimbursements and reporting through a streamlined interface
Guy Timberlake, chief visionary officer of the American Small Business Coalition joins host Mark Amtower to discuss what small business contractors can do to increase their business.
June 4, 2012
Defense Deputy Secretary Ashton Carter said for every dollar lawmakers add to the military's budget or for every program they continue that the Pentagon wants to cancel, it requires cuts elsewhere. He also called sequestration irrational and said DoD is not planning for it.
Federal Technology Analyst Jason Wilson sizes up the defense cyber market. Defense Financial Analyst Sopen Shah looks at potential targets for mergers and acquisitions. Data Analyst Peter Brusoe looks at how federal contractors are donating money this campaign season.
Siemens Enterprise Communications Director of Federal Sales Russell Brodsky will talk about telework and collaboration is changing at your agency.
May 28, 2012
The Senate confirmed the nomination of Joe Jordan as administrator for the Office of Federal Procurement Policy, as well as nominations for seven key Defense Department positions.
Tags: Joe Jordan , OFPP , DoD , Senate , Frank Kendall , Federal Drive , James Miller , Erin Conaton , Jessica Wright , Katrina McFarland , Defense Acquisition University , Kathleen Hicks , Derek Chollet , procurement , acquisition , DoD Report
The Pentagon and the company that supplies U.S. troops in Afghanistan with food and water are locked in a billion-dollar billing dispute that illustrates the flawed management of contracts for battlefield support, according to documents released Thursday by a House oversight subcommittee investigating the arrangement.