Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Former AFCEA Central Maryland presidents Chuck Taylor and Jerry Schepers will talk about the organization and its activities.
May 21, 2012
The Navy tried to ensure it properly addressed industry concerns as it developed its final solicitation for the $5.4 billion network contract. Some comments involved cost-reduction. Others related to fairness in competition.
The Small Business Administration has published proposed regulations in the Federal Register, clarifying how agencies should include small-business contractors in multiple-award contracts.
The Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee moves the Domestic Partnership Benefits and Obligations, the Keeping Politics Out of Federal Contracting and two other pieces of legislation to the floor for a full vote.
Tags: management , acquisition , workforce , Joe Jordan , Susan Collins , Joe Lieberman , OFPP , Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs , domestic partner benefits , Hatch Act , political contributions , Jason Miller , Jon Tester
The Public Buildings Service Western Regions conference scandal is reverberating across government. A new Federal News Radio online survey found other agencies are feeling the effects of GSA's problems. More than half of all respondents said their agency canceled conferences or meetings.
Brian Friel, a federal business intelligence analyst with Bloomberg Government, spoke The Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp, to discuss his new study "Big MACs: Fixed-Price Deals Lag."
The space agency will reach $10 billion in sales in 2012 under the SEWP IV governmentwide acquisition contract. Joanne Woytek said there is a lot of industry interest in the next iteration of the contract.
Congressman Mick Mulvaney and Coalition for Government Procurement Chairman Bill Gormley will talk the challenges that small businesses face when trying to do business with the government.
May 15, 2012
Consultants Bill Howard and Bruce Jenkins join host Mark Amtower to talk about networking and how to market your company.
May 14, 2012
The Pentagon says the way it buys certain commercial products has been abused for more than a decade. The Defense Department asked Congress to include new rules for buying commercial-of-a-type products, which are commercial in nature, but the military is the only or largest customer by far. Industry was pleased to see the House Armed Services Committee not include the change in the Defense authorization bill.
Tags: DoD , Better Buying Power , Shay Assad , Professional Services Council , commercial-of-a-type , commercial products , acquisition , contracting , industry , Congress , Alan Chvotkin , PSC , Jared Serbu