Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
The Pentagon has been under pressure to spend less, and that urgency is growing, as the threat of automatic-cuts looms.
President Barack Obama announced a slate of nominees for administration posts, including three in key Defense Department positions. They include nominees for the Pentagon's personnel and policy chiefs and the department's chief weapons buyer.
In next year's budget, key factors for program funding are performance, performance and performance, the Air Force's top acquisition official said.
Ray Bjorklund, vice president and chief knowledge officer at Deltek, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss DoD contract management.
Adm. Bob Day, the assistant commander for C4&IT at the U.S. Coast Guard, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the agency's recent purchase of a mobile-security solution from contractor Unisys.
The latest report on the 10-year effort to build a nationwide interoperable communications system shows law enforcement agents are still using 15-year-old radios. DoJ's Integrated Wireless Network program has been a victim of budget shortfalls and poor governance.
The federal CIO said he's not concerned that the administration's cloud initiative will fall victim to the same types of roadblocks lawmakers set out for e-government seven years ago. VanRoekel said members of Congress need data on the value cloud computing brings. He also said vendor management organizations and mobile computing are among his short term priorities.
Belva Martin, the director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at GAO, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the agency's latest report on the use of the national-security exception in defense contracting. GAO concluded the Defense Department's rules for when its agencies must disclose the use of the exception are unclear.
Tom Allen, the chairman of the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the recent report it released to stakeholders, which serves as the board's three-year plan.
Steve Krause, a principal at Catalyst Partners, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how steep defense cuts could actually play to smaller contractors' strengths.