Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Coalition for Government Procurement chairman Bill Gormley joins host Roger Waldron to talk about the coalition's recently completed spring conference.
May 1, 2012
Tags: acquisition , procurement , contracting , Bill Gormley , Coalition for Government Procurement , GSA , Next Gen , Multiple Award Schedule , DoD , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , Department of Veteran
Danny Werfel, the controller of the Office of Management and Budget, told In Depth with Francis Rose the newly launched Do Not Pay tool makes agencies smarter about making payments.
Washington Technology Editor in Chief Nick Wakeman joins host Mark Amtower for a wide ranging discussion of the big technology and acquisition stories.
APril 30, 2012
A year and a half after embarking on a strategy designed to get more bang for DoD's acquisition bucks, the Pentagon is still struggling to instill the idea that programs should be managed to what they should cost, rather than what they cost today.
The General Services Administration's Public Buildings Service is combining two contracts into a new BPA for IT and Web development services.
Guests on this week's show include defense finance analyst Sopen Shah, congressional analyst Loren Duggan, and technology analysts Afzal Bari and Allan Holmes.
Brian Friel, Bloomberg Government federal business intelligence analyst, authored a report that said a new contracting trend is putting a cash-squeeze on some firms.
The committee will focus on making it easier for small firms to do business with the Pentagon. The military missed three of five small business goals in 2010. The Panel on Business Challenges in the Defense Industry made several recommendations to improve the success of small firms that want to do business with DoD.
Kimberley Hayes, is the president and cofounder of the Ambit Group, joined Francis Rose for an interview on Industry Chatter, to discuss the ways that agencies can bolster cooperation among vendors, the acquisition office and the program office.
After a decade in which relatively few questions were asked about resource allocations, Navy and Marine Corps acquisition leaders are moving to adjust to a new reality.