Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Some people who follow contracting say agencies are abusing small businesses through the reverse auction process. Raul Espinosa, the president of the Fairness in Procurement Initiative joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss why he believes agencies are abusing simplified acquisitions.
Jack Horan and Jason Workmaster, partners at McKenna Long & Aldridge LLP, talk about how contractors and subcontractors will be affected by recent regulatory changes.
January 31, 2012
Tags: Coalition for Government Procurement , acquisition , contracting , contractors , subcontractors , Jack Horan , Jason Workmaster , McKenna, Long & Aldridge , Small business contracting , contracting reform , federal market , certification , Roger Waldron , Off the Shelf , rules and regulations
Lisa Doyle, chancellor of the VA Acquisition Academy, talks to Federal Drive with Tom Temin about an internship for returning veterans who want to be contracting specialists.
KippsDeSanto Managing Director Kevin DeSanto joins host Mark Amtower for a wide ranging discussion of the merger and acquisition market.
January 30, 2012(Encore presentation March 26, 2012)
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Amtower Off Center , mergers and acquisitions , Kevin DeSanto , KippsDeSanto , SRA , Providence , DRC , HPTI , USR , Apptis , cybersecurity , health IT , intelligence
General Services Administration is teaming up with other agencies to solicit bids from energy providers via online auctions. GSA's New England Region administrator details the savings his office has reaped from the program.
President Barack Obama has adopted a new strategy declaring for the first time that the United States has a national security interest to protect the nation's economic goods against terrorists, criminals and natural disasters in all corners of the globe.
Steve Kelman, a professor of public management at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss contract terms and why vagueness may actually help.
Under the five-year, $20.7 million contract, CGI will provide public-cloud hosting and transition services.
The Pentagon has been under pressure to spend less, and that urgency is growing, as the threat of automatic-cuts looms.
President Barack Obama announced a slate of nominees for administration posts, including three in key Defense Department positions. They include nominees for the Pentagon's personnel and policy chiefs and the department's chief weapons buyer.