Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Social media consultant Elliot Volkman joins host Mark Amtower to talk about how you can use social medial to enhance your business.
October 1, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Elliot Volkman , social media , Web 2.0 , Twitter , GovLoop , GovWin , Google , Google+ , LinkedIn , video conferencing , webinars , blogs , white papers , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
Dan Gordon, associate dean for Government Procurement at the George Washington University Law school will discuss a wide range of procurement issues.
October 2, 2012
Tags: acquisition , contracting , procurement , Dan Gordon , OFPP , GW Law School , low cost technically acceptable , contract duplication , Interagency contracting , strategic sourcing , acquisition workforce , Roger Waldron , Coaltion for Government Procurement , Off the Shelf
Rafael Borras, the Homeland Security Department's undersecretary for management, said in an exclusive interview with Federal News Radio, improvements to back-office functions show how interdependent the agency has become over the last few years. DHS is managing its acquisition, financial management and human capital processes through a holistic approach.
On this week's edition of Bloomberg Government's Capital Impact show, analysts will discuss the deficit's impact on Medicare and Medicaid, the costs of requiring capital buffers on money market funds. Plus, what legislation will Congress tackle in its lame-duck session?
Setember 27, 2012
Tags: acquisition , Medicare and Medicaid , budget deficit , Matthew Barry , Securities and Exchange Commission , money market funds , Christopher Payne , Capital buffer , Congress , lame duck session , Loren Duggan , Allen Scott , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
Bill Gormley, chairman of the Coalition for Government Procurement will discuss ways to save money and improve efficiences when it comes to procurement.
September 25, 2012(Encore presentation October 16, 2012)
House Transportation and Infrastructure Subcommittee on Economic Development, Public Buildings and Emergency Management approved the Public Buildings Reform Act. It includes reducing GSA's Public Buildings Service workforce to 2008 levels and freezing SES bonuses through 2014 across the entire agency.
Tags: acquisition , management , GSA , Public Building Service , Jeff Denham , Russ Carnahan , House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee , Public Buildings Reform Act , Shakeup at GSA , workforce , Jason Miller , Larry Allen , Bob Suda , John Mica
On this week's Bloomberg Government Capital Impact, analysts discuss OMB's sequestration report and how highway funding is affected. Plus, how much money are Super-Pacs spending on this year's presidential election.
September 20, 2012
Tags: acquisition , sequestration , OMB , budget cuts , budget battle , Allen Scott , Kevin Brancato , Matthew Hummer , highway spending , Melissa Avstreih , Super Pacs , 2012 election , Peter Brusoe , Bloomberg Government , Capital Impact
The administration decided to dust off the idea that the government is one big shopper and not 130 medium-sized ones as part of their Campaign to Cut Waste. Federal News Radio examines the issue as part of our special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
The Obama administration has pushed agencies to increase contracting opportunities with small business, most notably creating a governmentwide task force to share best practices. Yet the federal government on a whole has continued to miss its 23 percent small business contracting goal. Federal News Radio examines this issue as part of our special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years.
Recognizing longstanding challenges in communication between government and industry, the Obama administration rolled out its Mythbusters initiative to dispel misconceptions around agency-vendor communication. But the guidance has had only limited success. Federal News Radio speaks Steven Grundman, the Lund Fellow for emerging defense challenges at the Atlantic Council, as part of the special report, The Obama Impact: Evaluating the Last Four Years