Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: Acquisition
Jim Phillips, executive vice president of Centre Consulting, will discuss various contracting issues with host Mark Amtower.
March 24, 2014
Tags: contracting , acquisition , GSA , GSA schedules , National Defense Authorization Act , Small business contracting , set asides , Jim Phillips , Centre Consulting , FSSI , Mark Amtower , Amtower Off Center
If you ask the Defense Department, its acquisition process for missile defense is a glass half full. The Government Accountability Office says that might be an overly optimistic way of looking at it. Cristina Chaplain, director of acquisition and sourcing management issues at the Government Accountability Office, talks to In Depth with Francis Rose about a new GAO report.
GSA, NASA and NIH are providing agency customers more insight into what they are buying, how they are buying it and what prices they are paying. OFPP plans to launch the Prices Paid Portal later this year. But others say it's not about the data, but the outcomes agencies are trying to achieve.
Tags: acquisition , contracting , GSA , Chris Fornecker , Joanne Woytek , NASA , Rob Coen , NIH , Paul Brubaker , DoD , Karen Pica , OMB , Lesley Field , OFPP , Data transparency , Christina Ho , Treasury , USASpending.gov , Acquisition Excellence Conference , ACT-IAC
NASA delays a new governmentwide acquisition contract for IT equipment and software.
Jason Workmaster and Jack Horan, partners at McKenna Long and Aldridge LLP, will talk a look back at the legal year in 2013 and what's ahead for 2014.
March 18, 2014
Tags: acquisition , contracting , Jack Horan , Jason Workmaster , McKenna, Long and Aldridge , bid protests , Civil False Claims Act , government contracting law , Roger Waldron , Coalition for Government Procurement
A six-step plan for acquisition reform for the Defense Department.
The main U.S. foreign assistance agency wants to step up use of smartphones, satellite imagery and GPS cameras to oversee tax-funded development projects in Afghanistan that aid workers no longer will be able to observe firsthand as American troops leave the country.
Former OFPP Administrator Dan Gordon joins Mark Amtower for a wide ranging discussion of a variety of procurement issues.
March 17, 2014
A former high-flying contractor is now the biggest loser. Can BP climb back from the Gulf of Mexico oil spill?
Cameron Leuthy, senior budget analyst at Bloomberg Government, will give us his take on the President's 2015 budget request.
March 11, 2014