Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: ASI Government
Acquisition reforms are under way at agencies across government. But those efforts may be a waste of time unless stakeholders change some basic perceptions of the acquisition community. Kymm McCabe, president and CEO of ASI Government, was Francis Rose's guest on Industry Chatter today as part of our special report: Trust Redefined: Reconnecting Government and Its Employees.
With fewer government contracts coming down the pipeline, small and mid-sized contractors are feeling the pinch of sequestration. Should they diversify, cut staff or sit tight and hope that big contract is just around the corner? Federal News Radio examines these issues in part 6 of our special report, Private Side of Sequestration.
Tags: Private Side of Sequestration , sequestration , contracting , small business , hiring , workforce , Lisa Mascolo , Optimos , Kymm McCabe , Carmine Taglialatela , TecPort Solutions , Nancy Blethen , Tech Systems , Michael OConnell
Kymm McCabe, president and CEO of ASI Government, joins Industry Chatter with Francis Rose to discuss Big Data trends in the federal government.
Three senators are proposing major reforms to the federal government's acquisition process.
Anne Reed, the chairman of the board of ASI Government, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the 2013 budget request and its impact on technology and financial management.
Federal acquisition consultant ASI Government has purchased Frontline Solutions Corporation, a technical assistance company that provides support services to the intelligence community and the Defense Department.
As part of the Defense Authorization bill, lawmakers approve the FAI Improvement Act. The provision reaffirms the organization's role to oversee and train the civilian acquisition workforce. It also gives OFPP more oversight over the funding and development of procurement education.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition workforce , Dan Gordon , Susan Collins , Gerry Connolly , Congress , Federal Acquisition Institute Improvement Act , Federal Acquisition Institute , Alan Chvotkin , Professional Services Council , Stan Livingstone , House Armed Services Committee , Senate Armed Service Committee , House Oversight and Government Reform Commitee , training , 2012 Defense Authorization bill , Jason Miller
The Office of Federal Procurement Policy and GSA are working on a directory of Federal Supply Schedule blanket purchase agreements. The database would help fix one of the "biggest blind spots" in federal acquisition today, said Dan Gordon, OFPP administrator. OFPP's memo to require business cases for multiple-award contracts received praise for its direct and specific requirements.
Tags: acquisition , acquisition policy , Dan Gordon , OFPP , GSA , Interagency contracting , mulitiple-award contracts , business cases , Marcia Madsen , Mayer Brown , Stan Livingstone , Jason Miller , contracting