Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Search Tags: AGA
President Barack Obama lauded the Senate for passing new "pay-as-you-go" budget rules, a measure he has pushed for to help address runaway government spending.
The public overwhelmingly believes that government has the obligation to report and explain how it generates and spends its money, but that that it is failing to meet expectations in any area included in a new survey. The AGA tries to educate the government on how to educate citizens.
The first step to transparency is a transparent process.
The Chairman of House Oversight and Government Reform Committee said Republicans can sound evil during the debate about whether feds are overpaid. But the bigger issue, he said, is the overall HR processes used across government. Issa said agencies need to have a right-size the workforce more easily.
All agency bureaus will implement the Internet Payment Platform by 2012. Additionally, all Treasury vendors must submit invoices through the portal starting in 2013. The electronic invoice payment program is one of 12 initiatives to improve federal financial management.
Last week the International Monetary Fund cautioned the government on spending. So how bad are federal finances? We ask GAO's Jeanette Franzel
The Defense Department's deputy chief financial officer said Friday that the department believes it will achieve the 2017 deadline to produce auditable financial statements. DoD is approaching the problem in way that makes clear that clean books are not only the responsibility of its accountants, he said.
Jay Hurt from the Department of Education joined Tom Temin live at the Association of Government Accountants National Leadership Conference.
When the economy is down, the Patent and Trademark Office receives fewer patent applications. Anthony Scardino, CFO of USPTO explains why that makes it hard to predict what managers should commit from the discretionary funds.